Bridging Finance – Development Finance – Commercial Finance – Senior Loans
Platinum Global Bridging Finance offers Real Estate Debt Finance which is unique and makes us different from other brokers in the types and location of financing we provide. With over 15 successive years in the financial markets we have seen and worked through the last financial crash and seen the re-emergence of old and new finance products so we are sure we can provide our clients with the most up to date financing knowledge. We specialise in providing small, medium and large bridging finance, development finance and commercial finance deals. Our flexible approach is down to our network of banks, non-bank lenders, high net worth investors, investment funds and private bridging partners based in the UK and around the world. Our specialism doesn’t stop with international bridging finance as we work with many Debt Funding, Capital Raising and JV Companies based in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world. We help companies raise capital for a variety of sale, expansion and merger uses. We also work with specialist providers of Structured Property Finance, Senior Loans, Mezzanine Finance and Growth Capital. We have financed over £1.5 billion of lending in our established lending locations via our network of over 200 lenders.
We pride ourselves on looking at each application specifically the asset, equity and exit strategy on a case-by-case basis. Our extensive financial network has the ability to help companies leverage financing from $5 million – $500 million using mezzanine finance options:
Recapitalisations – Leveraged Buyouts – Management Buyouts – Growth Capital – Acquisitions – Shareholder Buyouts – Refinancings – Balance Sheet Restructuring or Optimisation
Acquisition | Senior | Mezzanine
What We Offer:
- International Bridging Finance
- Bridging Finance – Short Term
- Bridging Finance – Regulated
- Bridge to Let Finance
- Bridging Finance – Refurbishment
- Light Development Bridging Finance
- Senior Development Bridging Finance
- Bridging Finance Germany
- Bridging Finance Spain
- Stretched Senior Loan Finance
- Development Exit Loan
- Mezzanine Finance
- Construction Finance
What We Offer:
- Development Finance Spain
- Commercial Bridging Finance
- Commercial Term Finance
- Commercial Auction Finance
- Commercial Bridging Exit Finance
- Commercial Finance Germany
- Commercial Finance France
- Commercial Finance Netherlands
- Acquisition Financing
- Direct Lending
- Growth Capital
- Senior Loans – UK – Europe – Nordics
- Mezzanine Loans – UK – Europe – United States – Australia
Here we give a brief explanation about what each type of financing is used for
INTERNATIONAL BRIDGING FINANCE
- International Bridging Finance…….Is specialist short term bridging finance for the European property markets but also includes America, Canada and the Asia and Australasian markets. This will cover residential but mainly commercial and business property financing for large transactions.
SHORT TERM BRIDGING FINANCE
- Short-Term Bridge Financing….. Is a bridging loan or short-term real property loan that enables you to sell your existing home, improve the property or find a new tenant while providing liquidity to bridge the period until you obtain permanent mortgage financing.
REGULATED BRIDGING FINANCE
- Regulated Bridging Finance…… Is financing secured by a charge over a residential property which is lived in by you, a family member or other close person. The purpose of the loan is not wholly or predominantly for the purposes of a business carried on, or intended to be carried on by the property owner.
BRIDGE TO LET FINANCING
- Bridge To Let Lending…… Is designed for the buy to let investment market to allow property investors to buy a property they may otherwise struggle to finance with a traditional mortgage. They have the added benefit of an exit strategy in-built by way of a pre-approved refinance onto a traditional buy to let investment mortgage.
BRIDGING FINANCE REFURBISHMENT
- Refurbishment Bridging Finance…… Is short term property finance available to property investors, landlords and developers looking to upgrade a tired or run down residential or mixed use property before renting it out. Refurbishments are much smaller projects than property developments.
BRIDGING FINANCE LIGHT DEVELOPMENT
- Bridging Finance Light Development……This is where no planning permission or building regulations are required and where there is no real change to the overall use and nature of the premises. Light development refurbishments would include new bathroom, new kitchen, redecoration, rewiring, new windows etc. There are also finance options for more complex properties including HMOs and multi-unit freehold blocks of flats as well as finance for applications made through limited companies or from first time investors.
BRIDGING FINANCE SENIOR DEVELOPMENT
- Bridging Finance Senior Development……Involves bridging development finance with mainstream development lenders so maybe you can take on bigger projects. This would involve major structural work on a commercial development that could be already built and you would complete some major work to get the project completed. This would involve planning permissions or dealing with building regulations to get through to completion such as a block of apartments.
DEVELOPMENT FINANCE STRETCHED SENIOR LOAN
- Development Finance Stretched Senior Loan……Is a specialist development finance loan to give property developers access to a higher development loan than would be available from normal lending sources. Property developers and house builders find this higher leverage lending helpful as it means they do not need to provide such a large percentage of funding themselves. This not only helps with cash flow, for many it allows the opportunity to build more than one development project at a time.
DEVELOPER EXIT FINANCE
- Developer Exit Finance…….If your property development project is completed and you are reaching the end or nearing the end of a development loan period the financing is likely on a higher rate. Development exit finance can help replace your existing funding with affordable short-term finance and help lower costs until the properties are sold on.
- Mezzanine Finance…….Mezzanine financing is a hybrid between debt and equity. In a multi-tiered financing of an operation, for instances, the sources of money will be senior debt, senior subordinated debt, subordinated debt, mezzanine debt, and finally the owner’s own equity. In other words, the mezzanine lender is very close to being last to get paid if something goes wrong.
- Construction Finance…….Construction Finance is a specialist funding and support solution designed for contractors and subcontractors who provide construction services under a contract, framework agreement or Purchase Order. It provides funding by advancing cash against the value of invoices raised on the completion, or part-completion for staged contracts, of work carried out.
COMMERCIAL BRIDGING FINANCE
- Commercial Bridging Loan……Is a commercial loan for borrowers who wish to use the funds for commercial purposes. This may include the purchase of an investment property or securing new offices for a growing company. Its classed as commercial if the property or land it is being used to purchase is more than 40% commercial or 40% of the floor area in floor space.
COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE TERM FINANCING
- Commercial Mortgage Term Financing……Is a commercial mortgage or any loan or finance secured on property which is not your main residential residence. Commercial properties would be office buildings, shopping centre’s, industrial warehouses, or apartment complex’s to name just a few.
COMMERCIAL PROPERTY AUCTION FINANCE
- Commercial Property Auction Finance…… Is financing that you can arrange the funding in advance of the auction that can settle in 14 days. Before the hammer falls on the commercial property you know how much your budget is, and even what specification of property the lender will fund.
- Company Acquisition Finance…..helps companies complete acquisitions with the goal of growing and responding more quickly to expansion options. Through acquisitions companies also access adjacent markets as well via financing from equity and JV companies helping expansion and take-over propositions.
- Company Direct lending…..loans are provided mainly by “non-bank” lenders, such as institutional investors to help with growth, acquisitions, shareholder buyouts and other desired financing options needed by expanding companies from the financing arena.
- Company Growth Capital…..promotes expansion and growth can happen in a variety of ways and the type of capital needed by companies can vary greatly. Investors and non bank lenders are options ready for when finance is required to move the company forward.
SENIOR LOANS – WESTERN EUROPE, UK and NORDICS
- Senior Term Debt Loans…..or senior term debts are used to raise capital for specific, and often temporary objectives such as acquisitions, buyouts, refinancing, recapitalization’s or fixed asset purchases which will require a huge lump sums. Our lenders offer this lending for Western Europe, the UK and the Nordic regions.
MEZZANINE LOANS – UK, EUROPE, UNITED STATES and AUSTRALIA
- Mezzanine Finance…..are a capital resource that sits between (less risky) senior debt and (higher risk) equity that has both debt and equity features. Companies use mezzanine financing to achieve goals that require capital beyond what senior lenders will lend. Our lenders offer this lending for the UK, Europe, United States and Australia.
AIRCRAFT FINANCE and LEASING FINANCE
- Aircraft Finance and Leasing Finance…..Our aircraft financing options allow our clients to look at purchasing aircraft anywhere in the world unlike some other companies that only offer country specific finance. Our finance covering options include business jet, helicopter, propeller and commercial spare engine.
STOCK LOANS and SECURITIES LENDING
- Stock Loans and Securities Lending….. We provide stock loans, securities lending and securities financing funding through their close links to stock lending companies we have developed close relationships with. We can offer various investment and loan structures to release monies from your existing portfolio in as little as 3 to 7 days.
NON STANDARD BRIDGING LOANS
Subprime bridging loans exist usually, because clients find themselves unable to qualify for mainstream or bridging finance and would like to purchase a property. This can be due to any number of reasons such as having complicated income streams. Poor credit history, or no previous credit rating or non-standard personal circumstances or borrowing requirements. Non standard bridging finance really should be your last place for finance having exhausted family, friends, mortgage lenders and second charge lenders because the interest rates and fees are high and not repaying the money borrowed when the Bridge comes to an end can have very severe consequences. Private bridging lenders charge Interest rates range from circa 0.5 to 1.5% per month — yes per month — with lenders charging fee between 1–3% of the amount you borrow. A typical Bridge term from private lenders would be 6 or 12 months with interest rolled up i.e. added to the loan. How you repay all this money when the Bridge comes to an end is key to understanding how Bridging lenders think. A lender is not really interested in your income or your job or for that matter your credit history as they are lending you money based on how they will get it back as this will be classed as sub prime lending. What I mean is the ‘exit’ strategy — a word you will hear right at the very beginning of a conversation with a lender. This exit strategy is the deciding factor to understanding if you are likely to be offered finance — how will the lender get their money back? They do not make any money until you repay the loan plus all the rolled up interest so the exit has to feasible, realistic and achievable.
What Our Clients Say
“Since working with Platinum Global Bridging Finance, they have met and surpassed my expectations of working with bridging advisers. They take the time to really know their clients which gives me every confidence my financial goals are well understood but also my comfort level. They provide updates and have always been available to answer any questions or to explain my case process. We use PGBF for all our development financing needs in the UK and Europe.” (Commercial)
“After years of working with a number of brokers we are glad we found PGBF. We spoke with Ged and he explained the benefits of developer exit finance and how it could help us cut our development loan costs and give us more time to sell our apartments. His advice was excellent and all explained in plain English. I would definitely recommend speaking with Platinum Global if you are considering any sort of development financing.” (UK Property Developer and Seller)
“I wanted to take a moment to drop you a line to once again let you know how very much I appreciate your services, your professionalism and the candor and advice you have provided me during the course of our partnership working with you in property. From the very beginning, your transparency, the guidance you shared, and the mentoring that you proffered instilled extreme confidence in me to take advantage of your superior services.” (European Mezzanine Finance)
Financing – Case Studies
£1.5 Million Bridge on St Paul's Apartment
Knightsbridge Bridging Refurbishment £2.8m
Developer Finance Westminster £38m
What Is The
1. Initial Fact Find
We will require some basic detail surrounding your lending query in order to provide you with the proper advice and approach the best lender
2. Lending Terms
Once we have obtained a ‘decision in principle’ from one (or more) of our chosen lenders, we will present the indicative lending proposal to you in a concise and transparent manner.
3. Client Agreement
You will formally engage with us and become our client. We will then immediately begin the application process.
This step will involve due diligence and support documentation gathering. We will ensure you are well aware of each and every document you will need in order to satisfy the lenders criteria. We will also assist you with any certification or translation required.
During the application step, we will also begin gathering quotes for a formal valuation. At least three options will be presented to you and we will work with you to ensure your preferred valuer is chosen where possible.
The lender will release a formal offer document – which is a promise to lend. This document will obtain all the details of the loan and will also give you one last opportunity to apply any minor adjustments to the facility before drawdown.
At this stage your solicitor will engage with the lenders’ solicitor to begin working on their pre-completion checklist.
Once all the pre-completion conditions have been met, the funds will be sent to your solicitor to complete the purchase or refinance.
Takes 2-6 Weeks
Major Cities We Finance
London – Manchester – Birmingham – Wolverhampton – Leeds – Bradford – Glasgow – Edinburgh – Southampton – Portsmouth – Liverpool – Newcastle – Nottingham – Sheffield – Bristol – Belfast – Leicester