Global Aircraft Financing
Between our close ties with aircraft finance and leasing companies they manage hundreds of aircraft leases and SPVs around the world, working with a wide range of aircraft lessors, including both new entrants and established players. Our aircraft financing options allow our clients to look at purchasing aircraft anywhere in the world unlike some other companies that only offer country specific finance. Our finance covering options include business jet, helicopter, propeller and commercial spare engine. We also have the capacity to finance commercial jet liners for commercial use.
Platinum Global has extensive experience and contacts in providing corporate services to companies and special purpose vehicles (SPVs) used for owning and leasing aircraft. Our clients include banks, airlines, private VIP jet owners, celebrities, private equity companies, hedge funds and aircraft lessors.
Our services are tailored to meet your requirements. We have a worldwide reputation for providing flexible, responsive support, and putting our clients’ needs at the forefront of everything we do. We have staff in every major global jurisdiction used for aviation services. This allows us to move swiftly and provide efficient, effective service anywhere in the world.
We specialise in providing services to:
- aircraft leasing structures
- aircraft and engine securitization vehicles
- operating lease platforms including holding companies and aircraft owning companies (AOCs)
- aircraft financing structures
Aircraft Financing and Leasing Structure Set Up
Our contacts help you with SPV incorporation, capitalisation and ownership – either through a foundation or share trustee services. But we don’t stop there. Once the preferred structure is set up, we make sure it runs smoothly. We can also support the debt transaction by providing Agency (including cash management) and Fiduciary services to the lessor funding the aircraft purchase via the syndicated loan/capital markets.
We provide directorship services to manage the structure selected by you the client, which includes the preferred option of qualified, independent, in-house directors. We also provide company secretarial services, a registered office and a named company secretary. Our services also extend to taking care of the maintenance of the SPV’s statutory books and records.
With regards to legislative obligations, we’re able to take on the burden of filing all returns and declarations required by local company legislation. Add to this our transaction accounting package which includes; organising financial statements, tax preparation and filing plus regulatory reporting, and you will find a complete, comprehensive service.
Global Aviation Finance Locations
Platinum Global preferred partner’s have offices in all key aircraft leasing and aviation finance jurisdictions.
Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and the USA
Australia, China, Hong Kong, Labuan and Singapore
France, Ireland, Malta, Mauritius, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden and the UK
Ireland to Spain, Norway to Japan, Labuan to Malaysia, UK to Thailand and Australia, Sweden to Brazil, France to Indonesia and Mauritius to India
Why Work With Us For Your Aviation Finance Requirements ?
Our aircraft finance services provide a number of advantages.
- Expertise: we are one of the largest providers of corporate services to aviation transactions, and have a pool of talented, experienced staff. We allow you to focus on your key strategic goals, rather than the day-to-day management of your deals.
- Flexibility: We provide a broad range of services to aviation clients.
- Single point of contact: You receive an experienced person to act as your single point of contact, and handle the internal coordination.
Independence: We are not tied to any financial institution, law, tax or accounting firm. Our independence guarantees that we always put the interest of our clients first.
- Global Footprint: We have a global offering with presence in all the major financial hubs supported by an extensive footprint in over 80 countries.
What Sets Our Aviation Finance Services Apart
Our preferred contacts manage hundreds of aircraft leases in SPVs around the world, working with a wide range of aircraft lessors, including both new entrants and established players. Our preferred contacts service half of the top 50 aircraft lessors globally, who lease more than 400 aircraft.
Our in-depth understanding of the operating lease sector and requirements of aircraft owners and lessors, makes us the partner of choice.
There are many leasing structures that may be used to finance aircraft, including:
- Operating leases (see Operating or True Lease).
- Finance leases (see Finance or Capital Lease).
- Leveraged leases (see Leveraged Leases).
- Japanese operating leases (see Japanese Operating Leases (JOLs).
- Sale and leaseback transactions (see Sale Leaseback).
While there are many differences among these leasing structures, they have many characteristics in common. These include:
- The airline or leasing company does not own the aircraft.
- At the end of the lease term, the airline or leasing company returns the aircraft to the lessor (although in certain structures the leasing
company has the right to purchase the aircraft).
OPERATING OR TRUE LEASE
In an operating or true lease structure, an owner or lessor:
- Acquires or owns aircraft that it leases to an airline or other lessee.
- Retains substantially all the risks and rewards incident to the ownership of the aircraft.
- Regains possession of the aircraft at the end of the lease term.
- Re-leases or sells the aircraft once the it is returned by the previous lessee.
Types of Operating Leases
There are two types of operating leases:
- A “dry lease” in which the owner or lessor only provides the aircraft and the lessee is responsible for operating, maintaining, insuring, and providing a crew for the aircraft. This is typically the case where the owner or lessor is an owner trust and neither it nor the equity investor is in the business of (or has any interest in)
- A “wet lease” in which the owner or lessor:
- Retains operational control of the aircraft;
- Operates flights for the airline.
- Maintains and insures the aircraft; and
- Provides a crew for the flights.
The costs of providing these services are paid by the lessee under the lease. A wet lease is typically used when the owner or lessor is an airline or a leasing company that has some expertise operating aircraft.
Click here to access our next page Blog